Here are directions to our
favorites dive sites.
DIRECTION TO NUBBLE LIGHT HOUSE
- Take 495 North to 95 North.
- On 95, after the Piscataqua River Bridge (border between NH and ME), go
6 miles and take Exit 4 and go to the right.
- Take a right onto Route 1 South (welcome center will in front of you with
three flag poles)
- Take a Left at the lights (after the Mobil station).
- Follow until you get to York Village and bear Left (by the Fleet bank
before Cumberland Farms).
- After the strip mall on your right, bear Right (Long Sand Road).
- Follow until the end and take a left so that the ocean will be on your
- After the beach ends, take a Right onto Nubble Road (after the Cutty Sark
- Follow until you take a right onto Sohier Park Road, you will be able
to see the Lighthouse
DIRECTION TO FORT FOSTER
Take ME exit #2
At rotary take Rte 236 S
Becomes Rte 103 Follow 3.4 miles
Take R on Chauncy Creek
Follow across bridge and take a Right (the road goes that
Fort Foster will be up on the left
DIRECTION TO STAGE FORT PARK
DIRECTION TO US COAST GUARD STATION
Take 95 North to the Portsmouth Traffic Circle
Go a 1/4 way a round, 1 South
Follow until the set of lights after Yokums restaurant
Take a left
Follow until the end and take a right
Take a right at an old Mobil station (signs will read
"Wentworth by the Sea")
There will be signs for the Portsmouth Coast Guard Station
and Fort Constitution
DIRECTION TO BACK BEACH
Drive all the way to Cape Ann on 128, passing through
At the first traffic light, turn left onto route 127.
There will be a sign indicating that Rockport is to the left.
Eventually you will reach a weird five way intersection.
The road ahead will have "do not enter" signs. There will be two
roads to the right and one to the left. There will be a sign indicating
that Pigeon Cove is to the left. Take that left.
Watch the side streets on the right carefully. Eventually
you will see Beach Street end on the road you are on. It joins the road
you are on at an oblique angle so watch carefully.
Take a right onto Beach St.
Back Beach will be that stretch of sand and rocks on your
left. (Back Beach is where they hold the bonfire on the fourth of July,
so watch for nails in the grassy area near the road.)
DIRECTION TO OLD GARDEN BEACH
Follow Route 128 to its very end and turn left onto Route
127 to Rockport center.
In Rockport, turn right onto Route 127A (back towards
Gloucester). About a half mile down Route 127A, turn left onto Norwood Avenue.
Follow Norwood Avenue for several blocks to where the
road will turn right for one block.
The dive site will be on your left.
Drop your equipment off at this area and park where the
signs allow, usually four or five blocks away.
17 Main St. Atkinson, NH
FAX (603) 362-4565
Any concerns with this web page, please contact